Monday, June 19, 2006

Meet Rahim Mulji


My name is Rahim Mulji, 31 years old, an Investment Banker from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. While living in Alberta now for just over 1 year, the majority of my wonderful life has been lived in Vancouver, British Columbia. Here is my story: I was named Vice President of my firm January 1st, 2004 and was scheduled to move from Vancouver to Calgary on July 1st 2004. In mid April 2004, I was working out at my local gym and discovered a lump in my armpit, thinking nothing of it except for what all the beautiful ladies would think, I made an appointment to have it removed. Low and behold it was discovered, that I had Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (Cancer of the Lymph Nodes). Six rounds of Chemotherapy and 40 consecutive days of Radiation Treatment had left me cured, but very tired. It’s been just over a full year since I have been Cancer free, and I feel that I am as good as new!! I have learned from this episode in my life, that we must take time to stop and smell the roses, rather than just running by them. In that regards, HFH is something that I have always wanted to do, but now WILL make the time to do. My intention and goal from this trip is to be able to give something back, but selfishly, I realize that I will be the one receiving 1000 fold over.



You all seem like absolutely amazing people, and I look forward to working closely with each and everyone of you.

Sincere Regards!!

Rahim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home