Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hello There~!

Hello team.

My name is Ilhwan Kwon, all of my foreign friends call me James.
I am 32 years old and from Seoul Korea. I am an international business developer for a telecommunication company in Seoul and have electrical and computer engineering background. I have worked, lived, traveled, and studied in 8 countries on 4 continents. I have been involved with several charity and community activities, and am currently leading a small ~30-people-organization which supports field trips and other cultural and social events for orphans.

What triggered my interest in Habitat for Humanity was the War on Iraque. I was on a business trip in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia when the war broke out and witnessed a suicide bombimg in the middle of the City's government district. Seeing the chaos and agony people were going through, I realized how much I was ignorant about people in needs in countries other than my own. I searched for a means to get involved in an international volunteer activity and found HFH. Even though it was a great opportunity to make a direct contribution to and to immediately improve people's lives, I have not had a chance to get involved as I can't be absent from my work more than 5 days. Now, I am in the middle of a job transition, I am more than excited to be a part of GV project.

I believe this experience will be more beneficial for me than for Citizens of Inhaca as I always find myself more matured and strengthened after a volunteer work outside of my comfort zone. I anticipate many difficulties and discomforts, but I can't wait to experience new cultures and work with a group of wonderful people from all around the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home