Sunday, June 11, 2006

Megan MacCrellish: starting it up


Hi group -- I thought I'd take the initiative and post the first little paragraph! I've been travelling up and down the west coast (Washington and Oregon) with my boyfriend over the past week or so and have been pretty out of touch. Our upcoming trip is certainly on my mind often.

I am twenty years old and from Belmont, Massachusetts - a suburb of Boston. I go to school in the rolling hills of Vermont at Middlebury College where I am an Economics major with a strong interest in Film and English as well. I run track at Middlebury, racing mid-distance (mostly the half mile). I have always loved performing onstage, and have continued that interest in college. I take voice and guitar lessons and enjoy the great outdoors. This summer, I'll be on Sebago Lake in Maine for my tenth summer at a girls' summer camp. I teach sailing and am also the director of drama at this camp.

My greatest hope for our trip together is that I learn - about a foreign culture, forming relationships, all of you, and maybe even myself. I haven't done much world travelling, and I am more than excited to be exposed to a new part of the world and push myself to integrate into an entirely new community and culture. I think the trip will also provide excellent intellectual discussion about how what we're exposed to has changed or solidified our own spiritual, political, and moral beliefs. I think the entire experience will be an amazing challenge. Can't wait to hear from the rest of you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home